1. Amy September 20, 2012 at 4:54 pm · Reply

I thought I was excited for fall and the change of seasons until I woke up today and had to walk to school with grey, chilly overcast skies that were verging on misty rain. Not okay anymore.

Haha, and I had just brushed over the only brown betty recipe I’ve heard of or seen before this post– the same smitten kitchen one you linked to. They do sound awesome though, and I really want to start making some baked apple treats. With the crummy weather today came the urge to eat spiced, warm baked goods from the oven. I guess maybe it’s a little (only a little though) okay that the seasons are changing, after all…

2. Diane, A Broad September 20, 2012 at 5:25 pm · Reply

I hear you, sister. As a born-and-bred Southern Californian myself, I was surprised at the sudden nip in the air and the leaves that were actually turning brown and falling this last week. Which, of course, I agree, means apples.

3. Chris September 20, 2012 at 5:50 pm · Reply

I heartily recommend this! They’re almost like min-apple pies! I thoroughly enjoyed one for dessert, and another for breakfast.

Oh, and those photos are lovely, Linda.

4. Eileen September 20, 2012 at 7:34 pm · Reply

I have the opposite experience–after growing up in the midwest, California seasons are ultra-weird. Fall–my favorite season–isn’t snappy and fragrant, but warm and bright, and forget rain. Can we switch places? :) Those brown bettys look great! All you need is some cider for an entirely apple-based snack.

5. Nileema September 22, 2012 at 11:55 am · Reply

Loving your blog and the photos are just beautiful – well done, and waiting eagerly for more!

6. shuhan September 23, 2012 at 12:19 am · Reply

Your photos always make me feel like I’ve got to do that recipe now. This sounds just perfect for fall. And I love how cute these little pockets look! I’m a fan of all things miniature in fact. That, with maybe some mulled cider, will be wonderful on a chilly fall evening. I’m already planning ahead for cool weather when I get back to London next week, this is on my list!

7. Terra September 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm · Reply

What a fun recipe, I have never made a brown Betty! I love this time of year, cool weather, and lots of baking with apples makes me happy:-) This recipe would be perfect for when I travel, a perfect on the go treat! Take care, Terra