1. thelittleloaf April 11, 2013 at 8:38 am · Reply

That honeycomb looks so incredibly beautiful! I was thinking maybe you’d made honeycomb like you get inside a Cadbury’s Crunchie, but this looks far more natural and delicious. Love chai in ice cream too :-)

2. Lindsay April 11, 2013 at 9:27 am · Reply

This looks amazing. Also, just wanted you to know you have quickly become one of my favorite food bloggers. I love your honesty and approach. Keep up the great work!

3. ana April 11, 2013 at 3:50 pm · Reply

Hey! That sounds amazing! I’ve got to try it!
    I don’t have an ice cream machine, do you think that just whipping it would work? :-)

4. Amy April 11, 2013 at 4:49 pm · Reply

Ah, I have many weeks like that. Or I guess, a lot of times I’ll end up making different meals and none of them will taste bad…jut not spectacular or exciting. I find it difficult with food blogging because I feel like a lot of those types of meals make up every day life for most people, but we have such high goals of sharing the best and most exciting recipes we can. I almost just want to share them anyway and be like, “yeah this isn’t that good but it makes a decent meal when you’re hungry and need something nourishing.” Haha.

And this ice cream looks good good good. I love chai, and honey is one of my favorite flavors (and I’m guessing honey with the texture of cookie dough is AMAZING). Very cool!

5. Tia S. April 12, 2013 at 8:41 am · Reply

Totally understand! I decided I shouldn’t even try to cook on the weeks where I’m PMSing either; my brain just decides to stop functioning altogether. But alas, somehow something always comes up and we don’t starve!
    Appreciate your honesty about this; I do think that quality trumps quantity, so I would rather read fewer posts about better things, than 5 posts a day about something you have to force. Thanks for sharing quality stuff!
    Wow. I grew up having honeycomb as one of our favorite desserts and this sounds fascinating…

6. carey April 12, 2013 at 9:09 am · Reply

Wow, this ice cream sounds like a dream that I never could have even imagined. There was this chai ice cream with little tiny chocolate bits that I used to get from a co-op in Delhi, NY that was so stupid good, and I always think about trying to recreate it when summer rolls around. But adding honeycomb to it sounds unreal! There are little boxes of honeycomb that always catch my attention in our natural foods market, but I have no idea what to do with them. Putting them in ice cream sounds like a fine place to start. (:

I made raspberry-white chocolate scones a few years ago, which confirmed for me that I don’t like scones as well. They were ok when they first came out of the oven, but that was about it. I think the only scone I’ve ever had that I liked had ham and cheese in it. Which isn’t really saying much, because ham and cheese could make cardboard taste semi-delicious.

7. shoko April 13, 2013 at 11:05 am · Reply

WHOA! that honeycomb looks so insanely delicious. i’d love to try this! (perhaps when the weather warms up :)

8. Izy April 14, 2013 at 7:26 pm · Reply

Ugh I always have fail weeks; it’s so annoying because it feels like there’s some kind of kitchen-curse following me around, and it ‘s totally demotivating :/

but oh em gee, this sounds incredible. And that honeycomb…. I just want to eat that photo please. I can imagine it being INCREDIBLE – cookie dough consistency? UM YES. x1000.

9. Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today April 18, 2013 at 4:42 am · Reply

It looks amazing. The warm days start in Berlin, I need to try it.