Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Since I do not have to cook the turkey dinner it’s time to use my babycakes machine again. It’s so easy and fun. I wanted to try another one of Aimee’s recipes at healthyfoodforliving.com/recipes/. The Apple Cider Donuts sounded so yummy. Of course I replaced 1/4 cup of sugar for 1/4 cup of my dad’s maple syrup (forgot to put in picture, oops). Apple and maple syrup, what could be better?
Apple Cider Mini Donuts
adapted from Shugary Sweets
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add maple syrup, eggs, apple cider, apple sauce, and vanilla. Using a mixer on medium speed, blend until smooth.
- Fill each cooking reservoir with about 2 tbsp of batter.
- Bake 2-4 minutes or until toothpick inserted in donut comes out clean. Makes about 24-28 donuts.
Mmmm…can you smell them? I used a different glaze then Aimee. I made a Maple Glaze to enhance the maple flavor I put in the mini donuts.
by The Sweet Chick
- 1 3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 – 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Blend together sugar and syrup. Add more maple syrup to make a glaze consistency.
- Dip donuts in glaze and place on wire rack to allow glaze to set up.
I added sprinkles to some of them for the kids. The donuts were delish! I didn’t hear any complaints.