Aunt jemima pancake mix recipe is a very popular flour based dish which is prepared using a mixture of wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
The recipe is easy to prepare and the pancakes are easy to make in a frying pan or in an electric skillet. These pancakes are served with butter and maple syrup.
Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix Ingredients
The ingredients in Aunt Jemima pancake mix typically include enriched wheat flour, leavening agents (baking powder, baking soda), salt, and sugar. Some varieties may also contain milk, eggs, and other ingredients.
You can find a complete list of ingredients on the packaging of the product or by visiting the manufacturer’s website. It is always important to read the label carefully and follow the instructions on the package when using any packaged food product.
Preparation Method for Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix Recipe
To make pancakes using Aunt Jemima pancake mix, simply follow the instructions on the package. The basic method involves mixing the pancake mix with water, vegetable oil, and an egg (if using), and then cooking the batter in a skillet or griddle until the pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
Here is a simple recipe that you can use as a guide:
- 1 cup of Aunt Jemima pancake mix
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 egg (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, water, vegetable oil, and egg (if using). Mix until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the surface with oil or butter.
- Pour the batter onto the skillet or griddle in small circles, using about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes, or until bubbles form on the surface and the edges begin to look cooked.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes warm, topped with butter and maple syrup, fruit, or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Note: The exact cooking time may vary depending on the size and heat of your skillet or griddle. Adjust the heat as needed to prevent the pancakes from burning.
Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix Calories
The total calories of this dish are 662 KCAL per serving which is derived from the fat content of 20 gms per serving. Apart from this, it also contains proteins of 24 gms, carbohydrates of 85 gms, sodium content of 730 mgs per serving and cholesterol content of 20 mgs per serving. This dish can be prepared using other ingredients as well such as whole wheat flour or all purpose flour instead of all purpose flour alone which can reduce the number of calories by 30%.
Aunt jemima pancake mix recipe is a delicious and healthy dish which can be prepared using the above mentioned ingredients. This can also be used as a snack in between meals.
Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix Recipe Nutrition Facts
This recipe makes 1 serving. Each serving has about:
- 200 calories
- 31 grams of carbs
- 3 grams of protein
- 5 grams of fat (mostly unsaturated)
5 Different aunt jemima pancake mix recipes
- Basic Pancakes: This recipe is for classic, fluffy pancakes that are perfect for a hearty breakfast or brunch. Simply follow the instructions on the Aunt Jemima pancake mix package, adding a tablespoon of melted butter and a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter for extra flavor. Top with butter, maple syrup, and your favorite fruit for a delicious breakfast treat.
- Blueberry Pancakes: For a fruity twist on classic pancakes, fold in a cup of fresh or frozen blueberries into the batter before cooking. The blueberries will burst and add a sweet, juicy flavor to the pancakes. Top with more fresh blueberries and a drizzle of honey for a tasty breakfast.
- Banana Pancakes: Mash a ripe banana and stir it into the pancake batter before cooking. The banana will add natural sweetness and a rich, creamy texture to the pancakes. Top with sliced bananas and a dollop of whipped cream for a decadent breakfast treat.
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Stir in a handful of chocolate chips into the pancake batter before cooking for a delicious chocolatey twist on classic pancakes. The chocolate chips will melt and create pockets of rich, gooey chocolate in every bite. Top with more chocolate chips and a drizzle of melted chocolate for an indulgent breakfast.
- Oatmeal Pancakes: Add ¼ cup of quick-cooking oats to the pancake batter before cooking for a hearty, wholesome breakfast. The oats will add texture and nutrition to the pancakes, making them a filling and satisfying breakfast option. Top with sliced bananas and a drizzle of honey for added flavor and sweetness.