1. Katie January 10, 2013 at 8:23 am · Reply

I made preserved lemons for the first time last year with Meyers from my baby tree. I’ve just finished the jar – a little goes a long way! My Meyer is just blooming now so I’ll probably succumb and buy some to replenish my stock. Great photo tutorial!

2. thelittleloaf January 10, 2013 at 8:52 am · Reply

I *really* want to try making my own preserved lemons. I was going to do a jar for my Dad for Christmas (he’s an Ottolenghi obsessive and uses them loads in the recipes) but could only find waxed lemons at the time. You’ve spurred me on to make them this January – seems like a good time of year to bottle a little sunshine in a jar :-)

3. Amy January 10, 2013 at 5:17 pm · Reply

Very cool. I’ve always wanted to try this too— so many cool middle eastern recipes call for preserved lemons. I’ve yet to even try them! But I can imagine the flavor and taste they add to dishes. I’m excited to watch the progress of this! When will it be ready? In a few weeks? Beautiful photographs by the way.

4. carey January 10, 2013 at 6:43 pm · Reply

Gorgeous! I’ve never tried making preserved lemons before. (Actually, I’m pretty sure I’ve never tasted a preserved lemon — that’s probably something I should be ashamed of.) This post makes me want to remedy that.

A good friend of the family recently gave me a bunch of Meyer lemons from her sister’s tree in Florida (along with a bottle of homemade limoncello that she made from the same stash of lemons — YUM). I used the peels from a few for a batch of lemon bitters, and juices made fast friends with some gin. I think I may still have a couple left, though!

5. Eileen January 10, 2013 at 7:05 pm · Reply

Those look amazing, and easy! The real question is: what do you do with preserved lemons? We have a lemon tree, but I’ve shied away from preserving any–not the least because they are just fine hanging around there on the tree–but also because I don’t know what I’d do with the result. What are your plans for yours?

6. shoko January 11, 2013 at 12:37 am · Reply

Linda, I’m so impressed with this. What beautiful photos – I’m dying to try out the recipe!

7. p c johnson January 16, 2013 at 7:00 pm · Reply

Just did a batch – one quart jar and, for a couple of small lemons, a pint jar. Looking forward to tasting the results.
    Thank ypu.