1. Caroline Hurley January 31, 2014 at 11:47 am · Reply

These are GORGEOUS! I love gochujang and all of those great ingredients you’ve combined it with.

2. Brianne January 31, 2014 at 2:18 pm · Reply

Linda, this is too great. These wings sound amazing! Double frying is genius and definitely freaky. This reminds me that I’m supposed to order a new tub of gochujang for the guy for Valentine’s day. Then I’m totally going to make these. I loved seeing your photos of California. Big Sur is so beautiful! And that onesie is real silly. I met my college friends’ kids when I was home in December, and they were so fun to play with! But I hear you on not being there right now. My mother sent me a baby name generator pin on Pinterest a few weeks ago. Not cool, mom!

3. Cindy January 31, 2014 at 9:01 pm · Reply

Maangchi totally reminds me of my mom, too! I love her. Corn syurp or brown rice syrup seem to be pretty common in Korean recipes, but I always sub in maple syrup and reduce it by quite a bit…I mean I like spicy+sweet, but not THAT sweet.

Anyway, this looks awesome and crunchy and has me craving Korean food, too.

4. Two Red Bowls January 31, 2014 at 11:30 pm · Reply

Ohmanohmanohman LINDA I am so excited about this!! I loooove Korean fried chicken with a passion and I am so impressed that you made it at home! Amazing. I love Maangchi too (though I’m often a little bewildered at the sheer volume of her recipes, too, ha). Bookmarking this for a time when I’m brave enough to try deepfrying (or dumb enough, since no one as clumsy as me should be trusted with a pot of hot oil).

5. angelica | table twenty eight February 1, 2014 at 12:47 am · Reply

That looks absolutely delicious (and completely worth the freaky deep-frying component)…

I don’t get particularly excited by chicken but the addition of that sticky, full-flavoured, finger-lickin’ sauce means this is getting filed away on my cooking to-do list. Thanks!

6. Cathy Anderson February 1, 2014 at 1:22 am · Reply

Love the onesie Aunt Linda!

7. Erika February 4, 2014 at 9:44 am · Reply

Oh My this looks incredible. I love Korean fried chicken, seriously addictive. Especially with that crispy crust. I might be drooling.

8. Rosa February 6, 2014 at 2:53 pm · Reply

Totally drooling like crazy here. Do you happen to know if I could substitute a different type of flour? (ie oat, rice, blend, whatever)

9. Stephanie Olson February 25, 2014 at 12:32 pm · Reply

I made these for Superbowl and we cried tears of joy…