1. Chris August 22, 2012 at 9:38 am · Reply

Because of you, dumplings have become a very special food to me, too! And I don’t mean just through you, but literally all the times I’ve eaten them with you and with your family. This is a great post and I must say, my favorite dish on this blog so far! Beautiful photos (and I don’t mean the B&Ws!)!
    Please make these more!

2. la domestique August 22, 2012 at 9:56 am · Reply

This post is absolutely stunning! I always by dumplings from some local ladies at the farmers market, but you’ve inspired me to give it a try myself. I could eat one right now for breakfast. Yum.

3. Eileen August 22, 2012 at 3:30 pm · Reply

These dumplings sound amazing! Now I think I may need to have a dumpling-making party with all my closest friends. :)

4. Amy August 23, 2012 at 2:49 am · Reply

Oh, wow! I recently just made some beef dumplings after seeing them featured in the new york times dining section awhile ago as “sha momos,” or Tibetan beef dumplings. I made everything from scratch, and I think the whole experience rubbed me the wrong way. Too much effort, especially for when the frozen dumplings in the freezer were just as good and so much easier to eat and enjoy. Maybe, now that I think about it, I was missing that element of family and friends when I was making them. Maybe I need to make them with someone. Anyway, I really do love this. I think I’ll just have to get a stack of wonton wrappers and just keep them in the fridge until everything seems just right and I can make some great meals to share like this one here.

5. Carole August 24, 2012 at 6:24 am · Reply

What an excellent tutorial–thank you!

6. Leah August 24, 2012 at 8:05 am · Reply

Your dumplings are positively beautiful! Gorgeous photos and tutorial! I am looking forward to trying this recipe. We cheat and use the little plastic “crimper” tool to make ours (that we purchased at the 100yen in Japan). Whether it’s gyoza, dumplings, or pot stickers…it’s all delicious!

7. Jazz Queen August 24, 2012 at 7:27 pm · Reply

All the photos are lovely, but I especially like the B+W ones.

8. Carries Experimental Kitchen August 31, 2012 at 6:58 am · Reply

Good morning, I featured this recipe on my blog today for my weekly seafood round-up. The photographs are stunning, thank you for allowing me to share! Here is the link: http://carriesexperimentalkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/08/seafood-frenzy-friday-week-32.html

9. Heide M. June 22, 2013 at 1:31 am · Reply

Thanks for posting this recipe.