1. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious November 27, 2012 at 2:25 am · Reply

This really is the perfect winter-mode-type dish! I can imagine just curling up on the couch with a huge bowl of this pasta next to a fireplace. Is there anything better?

2. Vespa Woolf November 27, 2012 at 6:40 am · Reply

This sounds like a delicious, simple pasta dish. The mushrooms, parsley and parmesan will be comforting together. I can hardly wait to try it!

3. carey November 27, 2012 at 8:51 am · Reply

This looks so dang good. I’m definitely feeling those hearty winter food cravings too. Thankfully, my apartment is actually a normal winter temperature! There’s nothing quite like having to crack a couple windows in the middle of December to cool down a sweltering home to make things…confusing, and much less cozy. (I dealt with a similar thing two years ago, when the downstairs neighbors controlled the heat for the entire house. It’s an old, drafty place, so they’d crank the thermostat up to make it tolerable on the 1st floor, and I’d be in shorts and a tank top with the back porch door wide open, trying to cool down my 85° apartment.) I commend you for powering through and enjoying a delicious, hearty meal! (I’m pretty sure I ate more cheap Mexican take out that winter than any other.) (:

4. Mushrooms Canada November 27, 2012 at 12:04 pm · Reply

Okay, with this dish, I’m officially ready for winter! This is such a perfect dinner, full of meaty mushrooms and delicious pasta…YUM! Thanks for sharing!

-Shannon

5. Sarah November 27, 2012 at 4:55 pm · Reply

Oh boy, this pappardelle dish is making my tummy rumble. I’ll trade you some of my freezing wintertime apartment for some of your warmth? I’ve gotta boil noodles just to make it warm enough inside!

6. la domestique November 27, 2012 at 6:02 pm · Reply

I just ate the most ridiculously huge bowl of pasta and tomato sauce ever, so this post is right up my alley! Pappardelle is a favorite, and the garlicky mushrooms sound delicious. Bring on the snow!

7. angelica | table twenty eight March 13, 2013 at 9:41 pm · Reply

I really enjoy your low key images with their dark backgrounds. It really sets the mood, and especially so for a winter-themed piece like this. We’re still in summer here in Australia, so I’ve been shooting mostly bright, colourful images that capture the season but I want to experiment more with low key lighting for my food photography.

8. Alan June 17, 2013 at 1:01 am · Reply

Nice pictures. Those are not wild mushrooms though, you are using only 3 kinds of mushrooms. Technically portobellos, crimini, and white button are the same mushroom (agaricus bisporus) Lenintula edodes (shiitake) and pluerotus ostreatus, (oysters), are also all cultivated mushrooms. To say that they are wild is misleading. If you would like, I could guest post for you on some wild mushrooms.