1. Helen December 4, 2013 at 12:54 pm · Reply

Every time I see photographs of the food you’ve been making, I get all wistful at the thought that I could be eating them if only I were still in NY. Those donuts look amazing.

Also, Walt’s such an asshat. Hate him.

2. Brianne December 4, 2013 at 1:00 pm · Reply

Linda, what beautiful writing! I’ve been hard-pressed to eloquently describe the emotional rollercoaster of the last few weeks–mostly happy, of course!–and this post has really inspired me. Your words here are just wonderful. What a great holiday you had! And apple cider doughnuts are so swoonworthy. I just have to gather the courage to try them at home!

3. Ruthy @ Omeletta December 4, 2013 at 4:53 pm · Reply

The crowded, hot apartments at the holidays are the best, aren’t they? Until your guests leave, and then THAT’S the best, no matter how much you loved having guests :)
    These doughnuts look so soft and fluffy- I love apple cider doughnuts from the Greenmarket when the weather is cold. Will definitely give these a shot so I don’t have to wrap up in order to eat one :)

4. Katrina @ WVS December 4, 2013 at 8:01 pm · Reply

I love a simple sugar donut like this, and the apple cider just adds a while new level of awesomeness. Great recipe!

5. Caroline December 4, 2013 at 8:50 pm · Reply

I clicked over when I saw a pin of yours on Pinterest and I have to tell you that my mouth literally dropped when I saw your photos. I’m too busy swooning over them right now to even form sentences…but I’ll return over and over again to gush some more!

6. Emma Galloway December 4, 2013 at 10:25 pm · Reply

Oh wow, it’s been many many years since I’ve eaten a doughnut but these sure look amazing! I don’t know how you lot in America handle this time of year with Thanksgiving and Christmas so close together. I struggle and we only do Christmas ;-) xx

7. Stephanie December 5, 2013 at 8:16 am · Reply

Oh man, doughnuts! I LOVE apple cider doughnuts…the true harbinger of fall. As soon as the weather turns crisp, Jason and I head down to our favorite cider mill and get a bag of doughnuts and a pint of apple cider– so good! Cake doughnuts can either be deliciously fluffy or disgustingly dry but it looks like you were able to get them just right!

I’m glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving! It was pretty quiet around these parts– just me and him and I actually ended up making a turkey meatloaf instead of a bird, with mashed potatoes of course (the best part really!).

8. Katie December 5, 2013 at 10:38 am · Reply

Ah, these look so, so good. Where was your doughnut from? (I will be in the city for a day sometime later this month and eating constantly, of course.)

I am not usually much of a cake doughnut person either, but these do look pretty airy for cake doughnuts! I hope I’ll get a chance to give these a try, though it might have to wait until the new year!

9. shoko December 6, 2013 at 3:43 pm · Reply

i just had a doughnut at the cafe downstairs this morning and it was so perfect and wintry and delicious. i’d love to try to make my own sometime!

10. Shelly @ Vegetarian 'Ventures December 11, 2013 at 12:37 pm · Reply

LOL @ Helen’s comment about Walt. So so so so true.

I also prefer yeast donuts and your photos seriously have me drooling!

11. Matthew Pike December 13, 2013 at 5:44 am · Reply

These look superb and quite straight forward.

12. Millie December 28, 2013 at 3:06 am · Reply

How have I only just found your blog? The photography is amazing and the recipes look delicious – my mouth is watering!