Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /hermes/bosnaweb14a/b1232/ipg.lindaspeakeasycom/thetarttart/wp-content/themes/origin/library/functions/core.php on line 32
Nigel Slater's Brownies » The Tart Tart

1. Kate February 26, 2015 at 1:07 pm · Reply

Nigel’s brownies are epic! They’re similar to a Jocelyn Dimbleby recipe which I’ve used as my go-to brownie all my life – so darkly deliciously chocolaty. Your photos are stunning here :-) x

2. Millie February 26, 2015 at 3:20 pm · Reply

This looks amazing! I love it when brownies have that crackly topping!

3. Michelle @ Hummingbird High February 26, 2015 at 6:48 pm · Reply

Yesss! I’m always on the lookout for the BEST brownie recipe; been meaning to give this one a try. Have you had the Supernatural Brownies by Nick Malgeri? Also a good contender.

4. todd wagner February 26, 2015 at 7:05 pm · Reply

These look like the absolute PERFECT brownies!! Dense and fudgy all the way!

5. Sarah // The Sugar Hit February 26, 2015 at 9:29 pm · Reply

Isn’t that line about Glastonbury mud just genius? I love The Kitchen Diaries.

6. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar February 27, 2015 at 6:02 pm · Reply

Those look fudgy as heck! So delicious!

7. Kari February 27, 2015 at 9:09 pm · Reply

These look so amazing! I love the crackles, that’s my favorite part.
    Kari

8. Amy Alt February 28, 2015 at 3:13 pm · Reply

One reason I love following food blogs, you have completely removed the need for a long internet trawl to find a certified class A brownie recipe for my boyfriends birthday, thank you!

9. Alanna March 1, 2015 at 4:51 pm · Reply

Yay! I missed your posts, Linda. These brownies are so exquisite! Though I’m equally drooling over that gorgeous background (what is that?!).

10. Tori@Gringalicious.com March 2, 2015 at 6:28 am · Reply

Yes! It doesn’t get better than a thick and chewy brownie!

11. Kathryn March 3, 2015 at 7:32 am · Reply

You can’t go wrong with a Nigel Slater recipe – they look super rich + delicious!

12. Sini March 8, 2015 at 8:48 am · Reply

Well, these sure look bloody good! And I have to agree with Kathryn: you can’t go wrong with Slater’s recipes. Hope you’re having a lovely Sunday, lady! xoxo

13. Kate March 10, 2015 at 11:21 am · Reply

Okay, definitely giving these a try. How could I not? Thanks for the recipe!

14. Jessica March 22, 2015 at 6:34 pm · Reply

My coworker just brought some brownies in from this recipe. I asked for the link because this recipe will be the next recipe I use to make brownies. They are wonderful! They have a bit of that granular sugar taste (which I love in brownies) and are very fudge-y! Delicious!

15. Sam March 27, 2015 at 10:25 am · Reply

Absolutely gorgeous. Both the brownies and that lovely surface!

16. Renee Kemps March 28, 2015 at 3:49 pm · Reply

These are just MIND BLOWING. As “dense and fudgy as Glastonbury Festival mud”? SOLD

17. Betty | le jus d'orange April 1, 2015 at 8:37 am · Reply

I just found your blog via Saveur AND Sini (for the black sesame macarons). Beautiful. Gorgeous. I’m in love!!!

18. Emily April 9, 2015 at 9:47 am · Reply

WHOA. These look amazing. I’ve been on the prowl for the best chocolate brownie recipe for a while now, and if these pictures tell me anything, that search may be over. Thanks for sharing!

19. Brian Morisky May 4, 2015 at 2:19 pm · Reply

he best brownies I have ever mad. It seemed like a lot of eggs, butter and sugar, but these turned out very well. Not cloyingly sweet with lots of chocolate flavor and a fudge texture. Perfect crinkly top.

20. Lindsey @ a honey blossom June 19, 2015 at 10:08 pm · Reply

These brownies look amazing. I love the crackly top!