1. Amy August 27, 2012 at 9:05 pm · Reply

Loved this post, Linda. Just for dinner I’m about to have some baby heirloom tomatoes with olive oil and salt— definitely my favorite way to have them too. I have been meaning to roast them though, ever since I read about it in Molly Wizenburg’s A Homemade Life. I’m sure I’ll be getting to it in these next couple of weeks though. And I have to say, when I was a student at the University of Washington, I would get so mad when I would see some students (okay, okay, the frat-sorority students) walk right past some of the most beautiful buildings and landscapes. Maybe they do appreciate it, I really shouldn’t judge. But it just seems like sometimes, some sights deserve a break from your day, even if it’s just a moment.

2. Joyti August 28, 2012 at 3:14 pm · Reply

Bobas are delicious. I live in SF, and boba tea shops are everywhere here.

I love slow-roasted tomatoes – although mine never turn out as “dry” and pretty as yours, so I use them for a concentrated-marinara sauce. Yours look gorgeous!

3. Cindy August 28, 2012 at 11:00 pm · Reply

Amazing pictures you have there!
    I’d love to have those tomatoes in my pantry all the time!

4. Marcy August 29, 2012 at 1:38 pm · Reply

Your photos are wonderful! Do you photograph the buildings you admire?

I was lucky enough to purchase a large carton of cherry tomatoes at the Farmers’ Market this summer and I slow roasted about half. Some made it to the freezer to be used this winter, a few I put in olive oil in the fridge, but most I ate like candy. They were so sweet and yummy, just sitting on the counter begging to be gobbled.

Last night I blended half a cup of roasted garlic with half a cup of the tomatoes along with some of the olive oil each were stored in. I spread the mix on fresh, homemade Frenchbread. Divine!

5. Amy September 2, 2012 at 3:36 pm · Reply

Love this receip! I often make a similar dish. Where can I find that beautiful roasting pan?
    Amy

6. Kelly Jo October 1, 2012 at 4:47 pm · Reply

you had me at Manhattan :)
    I’ve been lucky enough to visit twice and agree with your love of aesthetics. I don’t know how a person could ever get used to walking by that stuff enough to not notice it!

Totally going to use this recipe. We have two nice sized bowls at home of cherry tomatoes- the last of summers bounty. I think this method would be a nice way to prolong the taste of summer.