1. Chris October 22, 2012 at 11:50 am · Reply

Yes! This was great! And really perfect for a fall, cozy sort of warm/sweet snack.

Wonderful photos, as always.

2. Kristy October 23, 2012 at 1:26 am · Reply

I love putting pears and blue cheese on homemade pizza, so I can’t wait to try this tart!

3. carey October 23, 2012 at 8:46 am · Reply

I adore Asian pears. And otherwise-sweet dishes with a savory component thrown in. This looks so good!

Two weekends ago I finally had a chance to visit a friend who recently moved to Nyack, NY. Her apartment is in one of the many houses practically built into a cliff next to 9W, and the view of the river was unreal. (After living in Albany for over a decade, it was really nice to see the Hudson as something besides a dirty river surrounded by dirty things.)

4. la domestique October 23, 2012 at 11:59 am · Reply

This recipe reminds me of a recipe I like to pull out in the fall for Focaccia with Caramelized Onions, Pear, and Blue Cheese. I just love that flavor combo, and your tart looks delicious. All the Aspen trees here in Colorado are peaking with their golden colors, and I’m savoring the moment, since we’re supposed to get our first snow storm Thursday and I’m sure it will be the end of fall colors for us. It’s a wonderful time of year, made even sweeter by brevity.

5. Jessie October 26, 2012 at 10:06 am · Reply

Beautiful photos and recipe. Looks great!

6. Sue November 18, 2012 at 5:32 pm · Reply

This looks wonderful! But I’m not at all a fan of almonds, so I do believe I will substitute walnuts instead. And perhaps use gorgonzola instead of blue cheese as well.

7. Heather November 22, 2013 at 11:59 am · Reply

Hi! I want to make this tomorrow for breakfast, and have a question. In the picture there are sliced almonds on top of the tart, but it’s not mentioned in the recipe. Any idea how many sliced almonds are sprinkled on top?