1. Amy August 14, 2012 at 12:15 pm · Reply

Ah, what a nice post! For one, I have to say I love Julie and Julia. And I have definitely had my fair share of meltdowns, too. (One time, while making pizza with my boyfriend, I cried. We had only been dating a few months, and I think he just backed away from the kitchen saying, “I think you take food a little too seriously…” Haha.)

And this is my favorite banana bread recipe! How funny that we share the same recipes for some of our “favorites.” You certainly can’t go wrong with America’s Test Kitchen for things like this. Glad you made it through to get a beautiful loaf in the end. :)

2. Erika August 14, 2012 at 5:58 pm · Reply

Ahaha I love Julie and Julia too. And banana bread. What a good combination.

I love your site–so clean and sleek looking!

3. Chris August 14, 2012 at 11:58 pm · Reply

I love your photos, babe. You caught the deliciousness of this bread perfectly. It’s almost gone, but captured here at least!

And yes, a Kitchen Tantrum is a thing to behold.

4. ally August 15, 2012 at 12:18 pm · Reply

this turned out fabulously! be patient with yourself. sometimes our best successes start grow out of our failures!
    xo

5. Olivia August 17, 2012 at 8:05 pm · Reply

Hi Linda, I can’t believe how similar my goofy kitchen set-up is to yours, (although, don’t be mad, mine is in Oakland, CA) with a door that opens into the kitchen which leads you to the bathroom. I also suffer living with a hyper-sensitive smoke alarm just outside the kitchen, but my boyfriend and I have a system in place – I stay in kitchen cursing the world while he gets to wave a pillow/towel/cat (we don’t even own a cat, but if one is nearby, we’ll use it) at the alarm until its silenced. I’m enjoying following your blog, and don’t worry, Winter is coming!

6. Jazz Queen August 18, 2012 at 2:28 am · Reply

I miss you guys a lot!

I think that I remain a baker over a cook. With recipes that go in the oven, I will happily try new recipes and toil away in the kitchen. But I really don’t know what it is about cooking because I couldn’t be bothered to try all the recipes out there.
    Maybe that explains why I never bother learning nor attempting family dishes. Just give me some fresh tofu, soy sauce + sesame oil, and rice and that will be enough to make me happy for two meals of the day.
    Gee, I should really learn to cook more dishes…

1. Jazz Queen August 18, 2012 at 2:46 am · Reply

^ Can you delete my comment?? I realized that I just talked about myself throughout the entire comment! Self-absorbed. : P

Anyway, reading descriptions about your kitchen and other familiar things, like your breakfast routine, makes me miss you, Chris, and New York City a lot.

By the way, I love your bread pan!