1. thelittleloaf April 19, 2013 at 8:14 am · Reply

This looks utterly beautiful and so refreshing. I’m not a big drinker either but I do love a gin-based cocktail – the addition here of thyme is just perfect!

2. Tia S. April 19, 2013 at 11:31 am · Reply

So I guess I am a strange one for a woman; I absolutely love neat scotch and dark beer and all that.. but I have to say that I pretty much love spiked lemonade (maybe just spiked anything?) too, and this sounds amazing!

AND. I’m only half Vietnamese, but I GET THE ASIAN GLOW TOO… I feel ya, girl.

3. Amy April 19, 2013 at 2:12 pm · Reply

Hahahah, this post was awesome. I think I would act the exact same way as you in that story… in fact, I’m pretty sure some (not so humiliating) version of that happens continuously whenever I’m at a gathering. I’m always like, why waste my calories on beer when I can have cake? It seriously doesn’t really make sense to me. That being said, I DO like girly drinks—try as I might, I really can’t stand anything heavy or dark. I feel like there’s a conspiracy surrounding all that: why do things like bourbon or an old-fashioned sound so nice, but they taste so disgusting? I’ll never know. This, however, is a drink I would gladly enjoy.

4. Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) April 20, 2013 at 11:50 am · Reply

So pretty!! I haven’t been a gin person in the past (I tend to be a wuss when it comes to hard alcohol), but I think you’ve convinced me :)

5. carey April 21, 2013 at 7:23 pm · Reply

Hehe! “The cake.” Hilarious. (I’d much rather have a cake than a gross frat keg filled with the cheapest beer.)

It took me a really long time to like the taste of liquor, especially gin. Now, it’s one of my favorite things. (: I will usually choose it over bourbon/whiskey if I’m mixing a drink at home, especially since it plays well with a lot of liqueurs and aperitifs.

This is definitely my kind of drink! Lemon + thyme is such a perfect combo, and it complements the flavor of gin so nicely.

6. Eileen April 22, 2013 at 7:15 pm · Reply

Well, I certainly wish I’d seen this before the weekend instead of afterward. Sounds delicious! :)

7. Stephanie April 23, 2013 at 2:43 pm · Reply

I’m a huge fan of gin now but I do admit it took me a while to get accustomed to the taste– it is quite unique and not everyone develops a palate for it. My husband for instance, he can rarely tolerate it unless it’s only barely noticeable. He says it tastes too much like cleaning products…hrm.

That’s so funny about your dream of petting dogs. lol. I’m sort of weird in that if I take an afternoon nap on the couch, I end up having those dreams where you can see yourself sleeping but aren’t able to wake up. It’s horrifying! Just last weekend I had another one and it took everything I could to rouse myself. :( I think I’m doomed to never take another nap again. And on that morbid note…

Cheers and happy ginning! :-D

8. Alice August 13, 2013 at 2:12 pm · Reply

Firstly, I just love this blog with its inspirational, simple recipes and gorgeous photography!

Secondly, I wanted to mention, as a way of getting the word out there, that those who experience the “Asian flush,” have a greatly increased risk of developing esophageal cancer, according to researchers at the NIH.

Please research “Alcohol Flush Syndrome,” “Asian” and “Cancer.”

Don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade, especially since summer in NYC (and elsewhere) is all about the specialty drinks on rooftop decks. Just wanted people to be aware, since this topic is not covered in the mainstream media. I’m Asian, too :)