1. cynthia August 1, 2014 at 12:00 pm · Reply

hahaha oh NO! Poor scoby :( and ew ew ew maggots. In happier news, though, this hummus looks SO good! I adore favas. Do you have an opinion on American fava beans versus Chinese, by the way?! My parents are Shanghainese (so they’re ob-sessed with favas) but they don’t like the ones in supermarkets here. I think they were pretty devastated at their fava-less existence until they started growing them themselves.

Hope you’re having a lovely week, Linda!

2. Todd August 1, 2014 at 3:48 pm · Reply

OMG that sucks! We have the biggest fruit fly infestation right now too!! It’s kinda ruining my day..

This is probably the prettiest hummus I’ve ever seen. I hope it survives the army ;)

3. Millie l Add A Little August 1, 2014 at 8:49 pm · Reply

Hummus looks amazing!
    Congrats on the kombucha, but the maggots NOOOO – poor you!

4. Tieghan August 1, 2014 at 11:31 pm · Reply

Ugh. So sorry Scoby! That sounds horrible!

Big fay yay for hummus though! These look so good and I love the fava beans!

5. Sini | my blue&white kitchen August 2, 2014 at 5:36 am · Reply

So sorry for your kombucha, girl! Fruit flies are the worst; okay, all bugs are suckers if you ask me. BUT this hummus looks amazing. Love the color (hello summer!) and the taste must be delightful as well. xx

6. Brianne August 4, 2014 at 7:46 am · Reply

Fruit flies are so gross! We made kombucha over the winter. It was all right, but the scoby got a little out of control. I can see why fruit flies would be drawn to the booch. We’re trapping them in our vinegar trap like crazy…yuck!

I found fava beans at the farmers market once, a couple of years ago. I didn’t get very many, so I cooked them up as a side dish for something. They were so good, and an application like this hummus sounds wonderful! Good luck with your deadlines!

7. Kate @ ¡Hola! Jalapeño August 17, 2014 at 12:17 pm · Reply

Ugh! The bugs! The bugs! I can’t seem to get rid of my bug issues either. Why don’t we just give up and eat bowls full of this delicious hummus instead.

8. Nicole B. August 24, 2014 at 7:19 pm · Reply

Those darn bugs, super gross! But a big hooray for hummus – this looks delicious. Pinned so I can make this recipe.

9. Ali | Gimme Some Oven August 31, 2014 at 5:00 pm · Reply

Boo to the bugs. But mega yay for this hummus. I love how colorful it is! And your photos look absolutely beautiful.

10. Teffy Perk September 1, 2014 at 8:08 pm · Reply

This looks so so soooooo good!
    I’m a huge hummus lover, and have it with everything, so it’s always good to find different recipes to try and shake it up a bit!

{Teffy’s Perks} X