1. carey January 21, 2013 at 8:10 am · Reply

Oh wow. I’ve never had a budino before, but it sounds amazing (especially with Meyer lemons!). Pudding, cheesecake, and sponge cake all leave me wanting a little something else, texture-wise, when eaten alone. But I don’t think it could get much better than putting them all together! (Oh and then there’s that mascarpone cream. I die.)

2. Ronja @ a dash of faith January 21, 2013 at 8:47 am · Reply

I have never heard of a budino before but it totally looks delicious! The three layers of pudding, cheesecake and sponge cake sound amazing, too.

3. pickyin@LifeIsGreat January 21, 2013 at 9:22 pm · Reply

This is the second recipe from your blog I’ve filed under “Must Make”. Still waiting for my jar of preserved lemons to mature. Lovely!

4. Amy January 22, 2013 at 11:23 pm · Reply

Hey! I remember Delifina! That’s where my sister and I ate pizza for lunch in the Mission my first afternoon in the city. It was excellent, like seriously excellent. Like best pizza I’ve ever had (maybe a second to one pizza in Naples though… ha).

That’s so funny about you and meyer lemons. Both in that you eat them like people do oranges (ahhh it’s giving me shivers just thinking about it) and how you only like meyer lemons in citrus-y desserts. I’m one of the other 5 billion people in the world who love baked lemon desserts–I think they’re my favorite kind of treat. And I love this budino. Every year my mom makes around her birthday a treat called lemon pudding cake. I think it’s the same thing as this, with the layer of spongy cake, luscious custard, and straight up pudding. It’s a good one for sure.

PS keep the citrus coming… I’ve been loving every time I see a new post from you lately on my reader because I know it’ll feature something related to citrus! Definitely not tired of them yet.

1. Amy January 22, 2013 at 11:24 pm · Reply

*Delfina. That spelling mistake was an accident!

5. Hungry Huy January 24, 2013 at 5:07 am · Reply

My thought process for lemons never really advanced past “is this the kind with thick rind?” Who knew Meyer lemons existed? :) “Less in your face” & enticing speaks my language. Something new to try.

Dealing with eggs like this can be very finnicky to me. Is it pretty newbie friendly? This looks delicious as usual though!

6. Rosie January 29, 2013 at 3:55 pm · Reply

Yum this looks delicious. I’ve never tried meyer lemons before, but if I come across them in England will definitely give this recipe a go. I love the sound of the mascarpone whipped cream too!

7. Jeff February 3, 2013 at 8:24 am · Reply

Linda,
    The bundinos were great. I had a bunch of Meyer lemons that I couldn’t resist buying and was looking for something to make. Thanks for the recipe. Also I ate one like you did (like an orange). Very delicious, sort of reminded me of eating supertart green apple. I’m looking for a recipe now to make something like the bundino in a dark chocolate with those layers of cake and pudding? Btw that whipped marscapone and cream great too!,!

8. Jeff February 3, 2013 at 8:54 am · Reply

Actually I looked and there are quite a few recipes online for chocolate bundino. I’ll have to try one, (+ the marscapone/whipped cream topping)

9. Joyti February 26, 2013 at 5:49 pm · Reply

Yum, this looks divine. I have been hording some meyer lemons in the fridge (another SF gem – meyer lemons – they somehow seem very California to me)…this looks like the perfect use for them.