1. carey February 12, 2013 at 8:07 am · Reply

Oh yes, this is awesome. I have an addiction to Reese’s peanut butter chips. I begrudgingly bought them for the first time a couple years ago for monster cookies because the natural foods market downtown doesn’t carry white chocolate chips. (Dumbest store ever.) I think I was expecting them to taste like compacted bits of peanut butter. But then I tried one when I got home and was delighted to discover that it tastes just like the inside of a peanut butter cup, which makes way more sense.

So yeah, this sounds pretty much tops! Johnny’s favorite food group is chocolate + peanut butter and he loved the Blue Bottle cookies, so I am totally going to make these for him for Valentine’s Day! Weee!

And mega props to you for busting out four CNY dishes! A friend of mine had a birthday party on Sunday, and I was toying with the idea of making dumplings or buns of some sort in the bamboo steamer I got for Christmas. But then I weenied out and made a pizza instead. (:

2. thelittleloaf February 12, 2013 at 8:20 am · Reply

These look like my kind of cookies – chocolaty, chewy, thick and added peanut butter chips? Wow. Happy Chinese New Year and an early happy birthday – do you have plans for an amazing cake?!

3. Natasha February 12, 2013 at 10:51 am · Reply

I love the idea of subbing peanut butter chips for chocolate. My boyfriend is not a huge fan of chocolate, but he loooooves peanut butter. So maybe I can use this to bribe him into letting me make chocolate cookies! These look awesome.

4. Amy February 12, 2013 at 3:04 pm · Reply

These look perfect, everything about them. This week is such a good excuse for baking sweet treats, isn’t it?

And I don’t know if this is a stereotype or something, but it seems like regular Chinese dinner meals always have 8 different dishes to share. I went to Jinan and Bejing a few years ago for a couple weeks, and I still have the image of my host mom making a lest 4 different dishes just for lunch on a random day ingrained in my memory. So impressive! So delicious!

5. Eva | Adventures in Cooking February 12, 2013 at 7:51 pm · Reply

I saw these over at Carey’s and I am loving them over here too! They look tastier every time I look at them, great photos!

6. Jazz queen February 12, 2013 at 9:19 pm · Reply

I have to make these!
    Beautiful photos, as usual.

7. Gerry @ Foodness Gracious February 13, 2013 at 12:24 am · Reply

These look nice and soft just how I like my cookies :)

8. Josephine February 13, 2013 at 2:45 pm · Reply

I bought a bag of peanutbutter chips when I was in the states in november, these are just the thing I saved them for! In Sweden, actually finding chocolate chips is pretty new so i suppose I will have to wait quite some time to o see peanutbutter chips around here:) So the single bag of peanutbutter chips need to be used only for really good recipes! Thanks!

9. Averie @ Averie Cooks February 14, 2013 at 3:49 am · Reply

I have that cookbook…where have I been…because I never saw that recipe in there! And they look amazing. I am a huge fan of PB + chocolate. Gorgeous pics…found you from either TS or FG!

10. Helen February 14, 2013 at 6:29 am · Reply

These look so delicious! “Crackly and chewy both at the same time” is basically the perfect description of the perfect cookie to me.

Damn, posts like these make me wish I were still in NY so I could eat a bunch of them and then yap on and on about how great they are while watching movies at your apartment.

Mouthwateringly beautiful photos, as per ushe.

11. Julia {The Roasted Root} February 15, 2013 at 12:40 am · Reply

Ohhhh by golly, these cookies look perfect! Nice crispy outside and rich and chewy in the middle. I LOVE peanut butter and have never used peanut butter chips. Definitely a must try recipe!

12. Jenn @ The Noshing Bride February 15, 2013 at 5:20 pm · Reply

Lovely lovely photos! I adore the chiaroscuro style! Looks deliciously artistic!

13. shoko February 17, 2013 at 12:25 pm · Reply

yum! these look incredible!

14. Jade Sheldon February 17, 2013 at 4:55 pm · Reply

Seriously, the Blue Bottle Recipe book is such a gem! I keep rechecking it out from the library. I need to just go buy a copy already!